I was just looking at the last few posts I’ve written and realized that I have been holding back from writing more because I didn’t have the perfect thing to say…
I wanted to be able to add to several previous blog entries and actually wrote none as I realized I had left some loose threads.
So where did that leave me (and you, good readers)? Well, nowhere, actually.
If you get a chance read this article from Psychology Today: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/201106/why-perfect-is-the-enemy-good
I used to think that every blog entry I wrote had to be, in some fashion, perfect – the perfect message, the perfect summation of my experience, the perfect eye-catching bit o’wisdom.
What I’ve discovered is a number of writers out there who are posting daily (or nearly so) and who captivate with the genuineness of what they say. Do they have valuable content? Absolutely. But they simply tell you, they speak to you, they don’t seek to impress or boggle you.
So, that’s where today’s post came from – my heart, not my brain.
Do I hope you get something from this for your well-being? Hell, yes! Don’t let your efforts be wasted by denigrating their value. Maybe they aren’t exactly what you wanted at the time but you achieved something, you worked for and toward something, and THAT is an accomplishment.
I’m not recommending half-assed efforts or not caring about what you do enough to push for excellence, I’m simply saying that perfect rarely is.
- Living Fully Wellness offers a place without judgment or bias, where you are met at whatever place you might be in your life, to help you reveal and attain your vision of
- Aging (dis)gracefully
- Running in Mud: A soul/sole sucking tale of depression
- The modern double-edged sword: technology
- The Land of Imperfect People
- Exploring the book “We Run Up”, a runner’s take on learning to embrace life’s challenges
- Self-Honesty: otherwise known as “damn, I can’t UN-know that”
- It’s my secret – so naturally I’ll have to spill it…
- I put the PRO in procrastination
- Ya know, sometimes awareness is a real pain in the butt
- What the hack?!
- Holidazed and Contused
- Fathers and forgiveness